If you’re in my boat with young kids, or you’re just BUSY (who isn’t!) chances are you don’t eat a normal lunch. My lunches mostly consist of leftover crusts and half-eaten apple slices off sectional melamine plates, eaten standing over the sink like some sort of feral creature. I’m trying to get better about making a proper adult lunch ahead of time because that seems to be the only way I have a chance at a decent meal. Enter: the easiest curry chicken salad.
Curry chicken salad is one of my favorite recipes to make ahead for a week of effortless but delicious lunches. There are so many ways you can eat this chicken salad: obviously on a sandwich, mixed into a salad, scooped into lettuce cups, spooned into cucumbers or other veggies, dipped with pita, spread on top of toast, or just eaten straight out of the container. I honestly just eat this out of a bowl, because I’m too lazy to cut any veggies and I’m trying to avoid some carbs here and there.
This recipe is SO flavorful and has ton of great texture. I love to snag a cold store-bought rotisserie chicken at the grocery store on Saturday or Sunday to completely eliminate any actual cooking, and the rest of the steps take about ten minutes to pull together ahead of the week! Curry chicken salad is also a great party app, just place dollops in little cucumber cups, finger sandwiches, or crackers and you’re done!Print
- 2 cooked skinless chicken breasts, shredded or diced (I prefer shredded for chicken salad)
- 1 apple, peeled and diced into small pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 celery stalks, diced into small pieces
- optional: 1-2 scallions or a small piece of shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 TBS curry powder
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayo and mayo until blended. Then add in the curry powder and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken into the yogurt mixture and stir to combine so that the chicken is evenly coated.
- Add the celery, apples, almonds, raisins, scallions, and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir gently to spread all the ingredients evenly and coat with the curry yogurt.
- Refrigerate until serving.